- How to get to the venue?
… via car
… via public transport
- Local supply
- Hotels/ Hostels
- Bars/ Restaurants
The SAMBA-Meeting takes place at the Faculty of Natural Sciences.
University of Salzburg
NAWI (Institute for natural science)
Hellbrunner Strasse 34
How to get to the venue?
Motorway A10 exit Salzburg Süd – in the direction Salzburg – go along Alpenstraße until you reach the crossroads into Michael-Pacher-Straße – follow straight ahead until you are directly in front of the Faculty of Natural Sciences
Please have a look for parking lots along Michael-Pacher-Straße – (mind that this is a short-term parking zone for a maximum of 3 hours – please do not forget to place your parking disc well apparent in your car) or use the underground car park of the Faculty of Natural Sciences (to enter the car park please dial the mentioned phone number given directly at the entrance)
Parking areas near by the University:
- Parkplatz Akademiestraße (15-minute-walk)
- Parkplatz Petersbrunnhof (15-minute-walk)
- Tiefgarage Unipark / Nonntal (10-minute-walk)
- Tiefgarage Hypogarage (15-minute-walk),
Bus tickets can be purchased at kiosks, vending machines or if you directly ask the bus driver (which is a little more expensive). To find the perfect connections via public transport in Salzburg please use: salzburg-public transport.
Bus stations near the venue:
- Faistauergasse ( a 5-minute-walk, but the most frequented bus stop)
- Michael-Pacher-Straße (in front of the Faculty)
- Blocksbergstraße (some minutes to reach the Faculty)
How to get to the venue?
- From the main train station (option 1): take the trolley bus line 3 until exit Josefiau (in the direction Salzburg Süd) and change busses to line 22 until exit Bocksbergerstraße
- From the main train station (option 2): take the trolley bus line 3 (directly for about 11 minutes, or by changing busses – therefore take line 8 from Mozartsteg) until exit Faistauergasse (in the direction Salzburg Süd) go along Faistauergasse, Mascagnigasse, Michael-Pacher-Straße (a 5-minute-walk maximum)
- From the airport: take the trolley bus line 2 (in the direction of Salzburg City Center) until exit Hans-Schmid-Platz, change busses to trolley bus line 1 (in the direction of Salzburg Arena) until exit F.-Hanusch-Platz, again change busses to trolley bus line 3 (in the direction of Salzburg Süd). This line takes you directly to the exit Faistauergasse -walk along Mascagnigasse and Michael-Pacher-Straße – it takes you about 5 minutes to reach the Faculty of Natural Sciences
Supermarkets near the venue can be found in the Herrnau-Center (go along Michael-Pacher-Straße until you reach the crossroads into Alpenstraße, then go right along Alpenstraße until you reach the Herrnau-Center). Two Supermarkets, a drugstore and a restaurant called Raschhofer are located there.
Hotels / Hostel
- Vila Roma
- Arcotel Castellani
- Motel One Alpenstraße
If you walk it will take around 20 minutes. From the bus stop “Salzburg Polizeidirektion“ you can take bus nr. 3 or 8 and go to the station „Josefiau“ (1 station). Then it is only a 5-minute-walk to the Faculty of Natural Sciences.
- Austria Classic Hotel Hölle
- A&O Salzburg Hauptbahnhof
By the trolly bus line 3 you can reach the University easily, as described above (arrive at the Faculty of Natural Sciences by public transport)
- Eduard-Heinrich Haus (hostel)
If you walk it will take around 20 minutes. From the bus stop „Salzburg Herrnau“ you can take bus nr. 3 or 8 and go to the station „Josefiau“ (1 station). Then it is only a 5-minute-walk to the Faculty of Natural Sciences.
Bars / Restaurants
Some places we recommend to have a good Austrian meal:
- Bärenwirt (city centre)
- Raschhofer Herrnau (5-minute-walk from the venue)
- Kastners Schenke (city centre)
- Gasthof Überfuhr (15-minute-walk from the venue)
- Restaurant Stiglkeller (city centre)
To have a drink after the meeting we recommend: